Saturday, May 30, 2009

Long Time, No Blog

Well, here I am.

Today has been a mixture of things, emotions, and events. I have been lazy, grumpy, happy, and motivated all in one day. Today I slept in, mistake number one. Fine for you, but not for me. Really...makes the day go to quickly and feel unproductive. Normally, on Saturday mornings there is a prayer service at church at 8am. I usually am up and go to that. I don't like missing. Well today I let laziness reign and didn't make it. So, even though it was nice to sleep in, the pros did not outweigh the cons. I slept til almost 11 and felt like a bum. I then mowed the lawn and was all excited to put my pool up.

Ahh, the pool. Mom and Dad bought it for me after Damon passed away. I had always wanted a pool and they bought that for me to have when I moved back to Idaho. So the past two seasons it has been set up at their place. Today was the day, I was finally going to put it up here at my house. Mind you, my yard is a decent size, but by no means huge. So I have debated back and forth, do I really want to kill my lawn, especially when it will essentially be 1/3 of my back yard?? Well, having the pool outside my back door won over the bads in my mind. So off to mom and dad's I went. Come to find out, dad doesn't want the pool to come to my house. Understandably...he wants to keep it there because he likes to swim in it too, I really only live 5 mins away, and its already got a level place there. At my house, I'd have to dig out one side of my yard to make everything ready. Its one of those ring top pools and if everything isn't level it will "fall down and go boom"...so...then I decided to go buy my own pool, then changed my mind and took the pool back. I need to save up some more and, who knows, by then I may have changed my mind all together and not get one. Well, in between all the pool drama, I went and bought paint. Brevity Brown. My mom n dad's neighbor, Duke, is painting his kitchen and he told me to pick the paint color. So, his son and I picked out Brevity brown. Its a nice cocoa-y, warm brown tone. We will paint three of that walls that color, then the other side after he gets the cabinets redone, etc., we will paint with the color three steps up on the color chart. After getting the paint, I then came home and we shaved dogs. Summers are hot here, so we shaved spike (mom n dad's rough hair, JRT) and then shaved one of Duke's dogs, Freddie. They both felt so much better, and cooler. Go dog boys.

Anyway, now I am at home. I finished my book, got some sun, and now I blog. I am reflecting on the day and what I could have done better. I feel, especially lately, that every day is one day closer to Jesus' return. Am I living how I should, in every form and fashion, every moment? Is my attitude always right? etc....I know the answer is no. I desire for the Lord to mold this clay into a beautiful piece of pottery. I don't want to tell the Potter, "no, You can't mold me, this is as good as it gets". So, that is the day. Pools, no pools, paint, shaved dogs, sun, and a desire to be more of what He would have me to be. Adieu

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

perfection is a HARD process, but our Lord and Savior is with you every step of the way. I am proud of you. You are moving up the rungs of the ladder, one step at a time. It seems to you like you fail a lot, but in the greater scheme of things you are just like everyone else who is wanting to make heaven their home....just one day at a time. Continue to lean on HIM and allow HIM to guide you and along the way learn to swim in HIS love for you....momma