Monday, May 18, 2009

44 Hours, 4000 Miles

Remember that song, "if i could walk five hundred miles...", I know it was on Benny and June, anyway...I am so glad I was able to go 4000 miles just to be with my family and friends this weekend. I have really missed them, and even though I am sad, like my mini me reminded me...be thankful, atleast I got to come! It was a quick trip. I am really tired, and burnt, my face is turning tan, but everything else is STILL red. I got to see my nephew graduate, I am so proud of him. I got to hang out with the youth, it was just so fun. I was all prepared to post more, but now I am sorta tired. OHHHH and I got to meet Sara!! Sara from here, that knows Tammy, and her cousin is Amanda. We met for coffee on Saturday morning and I got to hang out with her. She was so funny. Super cool chick. Interjecting Friday night here...Mo was there when I got the apt. Me and that kid have so much fun, I miss her. We wrestled, as usual, for awhile, then stayed up and talked and LAUGHED. hahaha. Till past two in the mornin I think. Then we had the softball game, which is where my flesh met the sun. Sigh. I shoulda remembered sunblock, but completely forgot. Needless to say, three and a half hours later I was nicely cooked. Then we had pizza and watched a movie, then I went to Old Hickory with Crystal and saw the family. My cousin, Lillie, is soooo cute. Seriously that kid is a ham! Oh and I had a SWEET rental car. I reserved a "mustang or something similar" and they ended up only having a Chrysler Sebring...which I didn't want just because it was NOT a mustang. Well she upgraded me to a Ford Escape. Normally I haven't been all that impressed by them (personally) but this one was GREAT! It even squealed the tires, good power, it was loaded, had just over two thousand miles on it, black leather...nice. I want it. Not NEED, want. Ha. So then it was Sunday and I went to church and sang. Bro Bobby preached an awesome message. Then i got a quick lunch and headed to the graduation for Michael. That place was PACKED. Shew. We screamed when they called "MICHAEL STEPHENS" wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Something like that. THEN i faced the parking garage, bah. Bro Steve talked about patience in SS that morning and I am pretty sure I failed. :( :( Then I had to hurry and fill up the gas tank, then turn the car in, then hurry to wait at the gate. All to wait. Should teach me something, things happen for a reason, HOLD ONTO your patience your witness. My plane was late, all that impatience for nothing. THEN I had a much much smoother flight home. It was rough comin in, I was praying, really praying. I got in late last night, and bam, that was my GREAT weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was so glad i got to see you this weekend!!! love you!

juls4Him said...

Your song was absolutely beautiful!