Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cold Soup

I heard a story today...a family had a little boy, he grew and grew, never saying a word. The older he got, he still didn't speak. The doctors determined there wasn't anything medically wrong with him, but for some reason, he just didn't speak. One day, in his teens, his mother was making his lunch. Out of the blue he said "the soup is cold". Astonished that he had just spoke for the very first time, she asked him why he had never spoken before. He told her, "well up until this point, things have been pretty good." As I thought about this, a point was made how we don't want our relationship with God to be like this. Only speaking to Him when things are rough. These past few weeks, the Lord has so taken care of me and kept me. He always has, but He knows our trials and what each one of us face daily. I really have felt His nearness and keeping power and strength. In my weakness, He is made strong. But, I do NOT want to forget that, the NEED of Him, just to live and make it through each moment of the day. On fire, each and every day, in Service to Him for He is MY Creator, Friend, God, Savior, Comforter, my Everything.

Today and yesterday were really really good. Yesterday was uber fun, because I got to go yard saleing almost all morning and part of the afternoon. So fun. We had a fun day, just me and my momma. I am so glad she is my momma. I love you momma. :) Part of my super cool yard sale finds yesterday were lights. You know how brass finish fixtures are "out." Well, I have been wanting to change my fixtures for awhile, update them ya know. However, fixtures are pricey. Yesterday the second yard sale I went to, they had two fixtures that I really liked and were the rubbed bronze finish. Guess what, ONE DOLLAR each. I got both. Then, we went into this community yard sale and they had a whole set of matching fixtures for sale, but I only wanted the chandelier for above my dining room table. Well, the only reason they were out there was because they bought a new house and wanted different fixtures. This one is a heavy iron , will have to take a pic I guess, that is antiqued creamy white colored. My walls are dark dark brown and pale creamy yellow, so I thought it would look good against the colors. It does! I got that one for 15, and you would normally spend probably 120 (guessing) for it. I thank the Lord, just stuff like that is so neat. He gives us the desires of our hearts, no matter big or small! My daddy hung all three fixtures for me today. Yay! Thanks Dad. Love you!

It is late, good night everyone!

1 comments:

Tam said...

I love yard sales. Post pics! I wanna see.


i love you!