Friday, July 17, 2009

Strangely...nice!

I haven't been on the laptop as much lately. And really, it's nice! I noticed when I was up at camp, and you leave (for the most part) the normal conveniences of life behind, that it is easy to let it go! I think myself, and society, find it hard to imagine the life of those 100 years ago, even 50 years ago, and probably, even 30 years ago. No blackberrys, facebook, or world wide web...whoa...pump the breaks, that couldn't be living! Nothing against it, that's not what I am saying...I AM saying, that it's sorta easy to get into the groove of just living, without all the power chords, internet connections, and phone calls! :) I WILL say, I am glad to be seeing my facebook updates again. YAY!

Not much to report really. Working, and busy busy busy. God is good. I don't deserve His goodness or mercy. For sure!

Mom and Dad's neighbor, Duke, his pump on his well broke. So he has a hose running from my parents house, across the street, so he can have water.

Tomorrow is the car wash for church. In two weeks, is my band camping trip to Lewiston. WOOT WOOT!! I am uber excited and hope the "kids" ( i feel old just saying that) have fun! I am the band leader for the teen group and have tried to model my band meetings around those of some of my greatest band leaders ever, Galen and Amy. They were great band leaders to me, and I want to be atleast just a sliver of what they were to me, to these kids. God help me. I feel sorta useless at times, but in my weakness is when the Lord can use me the most.

I hope yall have a great day! I will be 27 in less than two months. Do you know what that means...I am almost 30. Shew. Well, praise the Lord!! :)

2 comments:

Jessa Stephens said...

How did the carwash go?? We are going to do one here soon I can't remember the day. =) Did it turn out good???

I know.....27 does seem super close to 30!!! =) I can barely beleive it!

connie said...

Where did you go to camp?