Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My Birthday Surprise

Long time, no post. I know, I know...

Well, I shall get right to the point! I got a great birthday surprise!! My mommy! See my birthday is actually September 8th (this coming Friday) but Damon came to assembly Thursday night and asked me to meet him out front so he wouldn't have such a hard time finding me. Well, I knew something was happening (out of the ordinary) as he had eluded to a surprise for the past couple of months, that I knew would take place on Thursday. I thought it was something all romantic and gushy, so...as I make my way out to meet him in the front of the auditorium, I see him and hug him and so on...then here comes my momma outa nowhere. She said "surprise!" Whoa...had no idea. It was great. My mom's first assembly. I was so surprised and proud to have her there with me! For real, had NO idea!! I wish I woulda had sooome kind of idea, because I secured a single room! She had to sleep on microtels window ledge bed, which turned out to be more comfy than the bed. But I digress. Anyway...that was my birthday surprise. However, I will not discourage anyone from telling me happy bday again THIS FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 8th!! lol

Speaking of microtel...grrr at them. I have stayed there for 4 years, ner a problem. Well, wouldn't you know it, they were suuuch a pain this year! GRRR. I have NEVER paid up front, now I have to pay up front. BEFORE the stay. Of course, in a fit of rebellion and proving a point to damon, I cut my credit card up and gave it to him...course that didn't help me out to much at this point! Man I wish I wasn't so stubborn sometimes. Anyway....I call him to get the credit card number...she says, she can't just have a number she has to have the actual card to see it. GRR Then she says she already has the check in process started so if I don't give her a card I will lose my reservation and she will have to re-do it (which would mean I would lose my room possibly!) So I say, okay (since we are paying for everything with cash out of savings and the money isnt in our checking account)I know I dont have enough for all three nights of the room, but I ask her if I can secure one night. She says fine. We go to check out Sunday..and find out they have put the WHOLE thing on our debit card! The thing was, Damon paid them CASH for two nights already, after I had paid them one night. SOOO, they refunded us 80 something dollars, but still...good grief...I told her ONE night, not three!! Anyway....Next year I am going to save money and get somewhere a bit closer and a little friendlier. Even if it costs 60-70 a night! I was so upset!

Anyway, enough griping.

Pray, I have a job interview this Friday. This is for the job I really wanted, but I am still nervous! Its hopefully starting at 11.50-12.00 an hour and would start out part time for a while. (which I would love!!)

love you guys. bye

10 comments:

marshasblog said...

I know what you mean about that microtel...I was not very happy at all. It was okay after they changed my sheets and cleaned my bathroom...it was filthy when I got there..but after they did all that I was okay..don't think I'll stay there anymore though...I had some friends who got rooms at the choo choo (Holiday Inn) for $44.00 a night off priceline..I think I might go that route next time...well just though I'd help complain a little with you..LOL..talk to you later.

Becky said...

WHAT!!! but Friday is MY birthday! LOL!!!! man...Happy Birthday my zodiac sista!!!

~Amy said...

Anthony used to manage that hotel. I'll have him read your post later to see if there's anything you can do. Aw, that's terrible. I'm sorry, Sis.

Welcome back to blog world!!!!!

Brandon said...

Hey, I'm back!!! *trys to make it sound real scary* lol. Check out my NEW blog at http://www.jackandjill-andthehill.blogspot.com/

Later.

-Brandon

Hershey Bar said...

Kasey! What are nice birthday suprise...best of with the job interview. What do you know? Lands on your birthday...that would be another nice present!

Rebekah Doran said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!! and many more..... :)

~Amy said...

Happy birthday, Kasey. Yayyyyy for you!!! :-)

Kasey said...

Sis Amy, microtel WAS nice when your hubby managed it. Its gone down hill since. KUDOS to him!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!! No news on the job yet. I will know monday.

welcome back brandon...long enough blog name?

Haaaaappy birthday becky!!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day! So glad you got your mom on your B-day. That was nice.

I will praying for you to get the JOB. You might already have it since it is now saturday but I will be praying anyways!

~Amy said...

Well, girlfriend. I think you've left us hanging long enough. How'd the interview go? Do you know anything yet about whether you got the job or if you're at least in the running for it? Talk. Tell us what's up!!!