Thursday, September 21, 2006

I got a job

It is not my dream job, but thank the Lord it will help! :) I got a job at goody's! I start Monday. HOWEVER, I posted my resume on a nashville based job seeker site, and someone called me today! I have an interview tomorrow at 1pm in Brentwood for an account manager position! Yee haw, they are hiring ASAP too! So that is good. Keep praying.

I made two pies on Tuesday. I took one to The Campbells, it was my apple pie. Brother Jerry said it was the best apple pie he had tasted in all of his 56 years (or 57, I can't remember)That made me feel good. I also made a grape pie. I know, you are thinking "gross, that can't be good" but you are wrong. I had the idea long ago, I was thinking why doesn't someone make a grape pie??? I like grapes, grapes are good, they are a fruit, and fruits go in pies. Well, wouldn't you know...in my grandma's cookbook from 1947 there is a recipe for grape pie. I kind of deviated from it, as I bought ingredients before actually reading the ingredient list. The recipe calls for concorde grapes. I just got plain on red seedless grapes. So next time I aim to follow it and use concorde grapes. Even though I used the wrong kind of grape it twas' downright delicious and my sister in law thought it was good too! So, if and I am sure hoping, but if I get to enter the national pie baking contest, I think I may enter, the GRAPE PIE! :)

I am not feeling to good, please pray for me. I have had a headache and felt nauseous and just wore out. I mowed one of Damons yard's today. I didn't want to load the riding mower up, so I just put the push mower in the truck and push mowed the whole thing. Took me about 1.5 hours and I am sure tired, but atleast I got it done for him and I am a good wife :)

Well ciao.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay! You made the grape pie! I want some, that recipe looked really good!

And YAY about the job! Just when you're not sure what the deal is, things start popping up!

Hmm... feeling nauseous and wore out...

~Amy said...

Grape pie????!!! Really? It's good? Hmmmm....

Yeah, I'm wondering about the nauseated and tired thing too.

:-) Love ya.

~Amy said...

Oh, congrats on the job. I'll be praying about the other prospect. It does sound better, huh?

Kasey said...

Aww thanks...and...just so you all know, I AM NOT prego. Auntie Flo arrived for her visit last week :)

I guess I feel guilty if I don't help Damon out with mowing. Now, that's only because I wasn't working, and because it wasn't to hot! If it was middle of summer and I had a full time job, I would try to get out of it. Trust me! I just didn't want to see any snakes. He says that yard has had snakes in it before. EWWWW I have worked alot harder than mowing a lawn, so, I guess I should be used to it!

Rachel I will have to make another one, when I get grocery money again and send you a piece! It twas yummy! I want to enter soooo bad. I think I could win SOMEthing. :) and Thanks Missa C (thats my new nickname for mrs hatchett)