Saturday, August 08, 2009

Boo

I guess...my love of blogging, or rather, my enjoyment of it- has grown cold. I am the bad blogger of the month it seems. Lots of things are going on. Just doesn't seem as though there is enough time to type it all out.

I cut my finger down to the tendon, but I didn't actually cut the tendon, thank the Lord. Having seven stitches in your index finger on your dominant hand, slows a body down a bit. I just got the stiches out Wednesday, and I am going to have a pretty gnarly scar on that hand. About an inch long smiley shape, just the smile part. I am back to typing, and have I would say about 95% movement again. Thank the Lord again. The doc wanted me to go the orthopedic doctor, but no insurance means that isn't an option for this chic. Anyway, I work with a nurse and she said if I can bend and move it, I should be good, and that the feeling I lost (apparently I cut a nerve cus part of my finger is numb) will most likely come back but could take up to two years.

The Lewiston trip was really fun. I need to post pics I know. The sole purpose of the trip was to encourage a smaller church of ours and I believe that the Lord helped us accomplish that. I took my band, the teenagers, and they definitely add spice to any occasion. haha. We had the worst ever moxie frappe's, such a waste of good coffee potential. Oh well, I shouldn't complain. Then we had a safe and uneventful five hour drive of 20 questions, fuzzy radio stations, and slow drivers in blue cars. We stopped for lunch next to a pretty lake, and then finished up our drive. We got settled in and went for ice cream, since Lewiston was 111 degrees that weekend. Yes, 111 DEGREES. Seriously hot. After that we rented the movie Australia. That is one LOOOOOOOOOOONG movie. The parts I saw were mostly good, I can't vouch for the whole thing since I fell asleep. Definitely a few things that weren't necessary, but it seems Hollywood must put something in each film. Then we went to take turns for the shower. One bathroom being shared by 11 people. You know, it's those times you remember, when you are out of your comfort zone...when you really bond with people, they are the special times. So I didn't mind the sharing! Next day we woke up to pancakes, fruit, and home made banana bread. YUM-O Then went to the Church Service. It was amazing. The Spirit of the Lord was there and I am so thankful. Afterwards they had a bbq for us, aww, so sweet. Then part of the crew drove home. New Meadows is seriously a beautiful area of Idaho. Happy Sigh. GREAT weekend.

Work has been busy, and I am thankful for my job. I got my yard mowed today, and some laundry done. Dad made homemade chille rellenos, or however you spell that, then homemade chili. It was all yummy. Now I am going to go read. Have a great night!

3 comments:

Grace & Co said...

Our backgrounds are alike!

Bobbinoggin said...

I've slowly gotten feeling back in my thumb since I cut it off almost two years ago. I don't have it completely, but it's much improved. I bet you will too on your index finger. :)

Makes for a fun story!

emily said...

I like your background. and i sooo think i am the worst blogger of the month. two years is a long time. it makes me think of mr deeds. have you ever seen that movie? probably not. but he has uh...i can't remember what its called- extreme frost bite and his foot is all blackened and he can't feel anything- so he lets people hit his foot. its pretty funny. i wouldn't recommend doing it.